This is me... on Plavix


Pretty, huh. Especially since I live in the land of perpetual summer and the accompanying bare skin. We all know that drugs have side effects. Just watch t.v. for a while, but really, do I have to have every one? Sorry, little bit of a pity party, but I just so want to feel healthy and NORMAL. Two nights ago I layed down for a nap and slept from 5 PM until the following morning at 7 AM. I have been achey, dizzy, fatigued, just overall felt nasty on this medication. Aaahhh.... Enough. I have missed a ton of work, but luckily I have such a kind, understanding boss who has worked with me through these last few months.

I am taking this medication to prevent a blood clot in my heart and I have to take it for 4 more months. My doctor said he has never seen anyone really have a problem with this drug like I am having. They even tested me for swine flu. I am just trying to keep in mind the end result. A healthy heart and a healthy baby. I know dealing with this medication for the next four months is not the end of the world, but it is just so dang discouraging on a daily basis. On a positive note, I have only had 2 migraines in 2 1/2 months. The surgery definitely was successful. I used to have an average of 3 migraines per week. Just needed to vent and would love any encouragement. ..

Comments

cari said…
How pretty. Sorry about the side effects. You've been dealing with health related crap for years but now there is an end in sight. Just a few more months. You can do it. Love you tons and can't wait to see you in Cali.
Rick said…
Man you probably havent had bruises like that since back in the day when I used to beat on you :) Things will get better soon, I am sure of it. I am sure excited to see you. We will get some round table and in n out every day....
Ammie said…
That does not look or sound like fun. Can't they put you on something else? You poor thing! I hope you can get through the next 4 months and then be able to get past all this! I'm so glad the surgery was a success. Hang in there!!
Anonymous said…
What's plavix? Is that like cumiden? (or however you spell it) That's scary. How can I encourage you to stay on it when it scares me to death? You're bleeding---you must have internal bleeding too. That's way too scary for me. Yikes. You've gone through too much. It's someone else's turn to suffer for a while. NorahS
The Hansens said…
Love you Heather. So sorry about all of your troubles. I know it will pay off one day:) Get better soon!
Jen I said…
Um, yeah, that bites. Bet Mike's the one getting dirty looks, that wife-beater!
well i bet you definitely win the award of most colorful "tan" when you go to the beach!!! you are always in our thoughts and prayers. we love you lots!
ps - i always check flights to ft. lauderdal ... i seriously hope one day soon we can make a trip down there is see you guys! that would be the best!
Jonna said…
You are a stud! I worship the ground you walk on!!! You are sooooo beautiful and funny and loving and smart and interesting and the life of the party...feel encouraged?

PS your legs are TOTALLY sexy!
Susan said…
Thanks for sharing so we can keep you in our prayers. I'm glad you have an understanding boss and fewer headaches. God bless. . .
heather said…
it has been way too long since coming to your blog! nice to catch up on your life - but sad to hear about all your health troubles. thank goodness for modern medicine, right?! i hope everything gets better and the hole is "patched" - i too like how the docs phrase it as though it's a tire. makes it seem like such a simple procedure. take care my dear! xoxo
Anonymous said…
I did not even know you are pregnant Heather. WAHOOOOOOOO! I can hardly stand it, I'm so excited! Love, Linda
Anonymous said…
Heather: Have you given up on your blog? I miss seeing what you're up to, and would be glad to get off those Plavix legs. Have they subsided? Also, I have had no report of your Thanksgiving dinner and keep watching for it. I did see the gorgeous pies on Jen's web site.

Love to hear what you are doing -- or, are you doing it on some other venue, which I am not smart enough to obtain?

Much love, Carolyn H.
Anonymous said…
I just found your blog! so excited! feel better, those legs look painful!
Lacey Francom

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that old Extreme song...

Blogging again!