I miss Utah

Never in a million years did I think this would come out of my mouth, but it is true. I miss Utah.

I miss my family and dear friends.
I miss that everyone waves and smiles to you on the road.
I miss how kind and courteous everyone is.
I miss my job.
I miss my students.
I miss my house.
I miss that everyone knows the gospel.
I miss seeing my nephew and hanging out with my sister.
I miss going out to lunch with my brother.
I miss neighbors who look out for each other.
I miss low utility bills.
I miss being able to get my hair done for 50 bucks.
I miss how dry it is. Humidity sucks!
I miss my dad's yearly trips out to Utah.
I miss seeing my grandparents.
I miss being able to watch conference on your own tv.
I miss the family friendly atmosphere.
I miss temple square.
I miss the mountains.

Sigh. I guess that is all for now.

Comments

oooh heather ... joel and i just had a conversation very similar to this post. and me, being an east coast gal and joel being a californian that we were going to be shot dead for admitting we missed utah. there are some amazing things there you can't get anywhere else.
buuuuut, there are so many bonuses being away as well, at least for sometime. i hope at some point you can say you have fallen in love with where you are. be happy :) we love you!
Jen I said…
I did my own ode to Utah post recently too. Don't worry - I'll do your hair.
tiffy girl said…
Heather, hang in there. It has been really Hot lately. Just remember that their isn't an ocean here in utah:)
Anonymous said…
And WE miss YOU!!!! Take care!
Anonymous said…
But at least you now have someone in Miami who really needs you! The Isoms. Hope you four and the three little ones have some memorable times while you both are there. Don't leave too soon!

Much love and many thanks for checking up on them occasionally,

Carolyn Hunsaker

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that old Extreme song...

Blogging again!

This is me... on Plavix