Here comes Fay!!


This week we will be officially inducted as Floridians. Our first major storm, FAY is headed our way. Right now they are predicting possible hurricane levels in the keys and south Florida.

The only positive to a hurricane is that at least we know it is coming. Growing up in the land of earthquakes, Mike and I appreciate that at least we can anticipate what is going to happen.

Mike's work has someone leaving tomorrow morning for Atlanta to head up their data recovery just in case Office Depot is destroyed in a massive hurricane. I was actually hoping it would be us. I am not excited at the prospect of being bolting indoors with my food storage, 2 dogs and no electricity.

It has been three years since there was a major hurricane. This seems to make locals think that we are due for one soon. This makes me very nervous. All the handouts at church today were on emergency preparedness and hurricanes. Subtle hint?

Well, gotta go. Time to fill the car up with gas, get out some cash, and stockpile some water.

Comments

Ammie said…
We'll be praying for you to stay safe. Sounds like your prepared. Good thing they give you a warning. Please slow down Fay!!!
Anonymous said…
It was funny, I was looking at the news today and was wondering if you had posted anything about the hurricane so I hopped on and what do ya know....you did!! Good luck, and we will be praying for you and Mike. Love Ya. Oh, and thanks so much for the b-day card:)

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that old Extreme song...

Blogging again!

This is me... on Plavix