I heart the Olympics

I love the Olympics. Not just any Olympics. The summer Olympics. They are so much fun to watch. Granted there are some strange events like the pentathlon which consists of shooting, running, swimming, riding horseback, and running (really?!) but overall there are so many great events.
Volleyball, basketball, diving, gymnastics, and of course swimming. This is how I will spend my next two weeks-glued to the TV watching all my faves.
And don't you just get caught up in all the human interest stories? My personal favorite is Dara Torres who is 41 and back swimming at the Olympics. She had a baby a couple years ago and used swimming to help her stay in shape during and after her pregnancy. Then she starts racing and realizes that she is still amazingly fast. Last night she swam anchor on a freestyle relay and redeemed the slow swimmer before her by pulling the U.S. to a silver medal finish. It was amazing. 41 and still rocking. You go girl!
And one more thing. Say what you will about President Bush, but I love that he is at the Olympics. I think that is really cool.
Summer olympics, I will be sad when this is over. See ya again in four years!
Comments