Your body is a wonderland

Hah. Got your attention didn't I!?! This weekend Mike and I saw John Mayer in concert with openers OneRepublic. It was Mayer's last show of his tour so he really went all out. He played for just under 3 hours. It was so good.

He played the usual expected: Gravity, Say, Waiting for the World to Change, Why Georgia, etc.

He also played a lot of covers: Crossroads by Cream (Eric Clapton), Free Fallin (Tom Petty), For what it's worth (Buffalo Springfield), and at one point went crazy playing the blues.

The first of his two sets of encores he came out sans shirt playing Van Halen rocking out like a little kid imitating his favorite rock god. It was hilarious. Later he let us know how he and his whole band were totally hammered. (Ah, it all makes sense now.)

OneRepublic was also really good. Check out their songs Apologize, Stop & Stare, Goodbye Apathy. Really cool up and comers. They had a guy who alternately played cello and guitar. Awesome!


The only bummer about the concert was how HUMID it was. If you have never lived in humidity, it is hard to explain just how nasty it is. I think you can see beads of sweat on poor Mike's face in our pics.

Yay for labor day and a long weekend!!!


Comments

Jen I said…
I love OneRepublic. How cool that they opened. I think I've seen John Mayer before too. You guys are party animals! I'm jealous. Ryan and I keep reminiscing what life was like before kids. Glad you're living it up!
Ammie said…
I love the long weekends too! I'm glad you got to go do something fun. I'm sure the concert was great. Minus the humidity.
sooo fun. i'm dying to go to a mayer concert. i bet it was amazing. and what a good pair with onerepublic!! hope you all are safe in FL. love you

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that old Extreme song...

Blogging again!

This is me... on Plavix