Thanks for the slip, mom!!

So, I go to church today and realize on the way home I had forgotten an ingredient for dinner. I stop at the grocery store (yes, I know, very naughty). As I am walking out my skirt falls down, like completely down, swimming around my ankles down. Nice.
To preface, Mike and I have been working on losing weight and trying to be healthier. To date I have lost more than 20 pounds. Hence, the falling skirt.
I have always hated dressing up for church. I hate wearing heels, slips, and refuse to wear nylons. 10 years ago before I moved to Utah, my mom bought me a slip and insisted I wear it. Well, I have been wearing the same slip since then. This slip saved me today. Everyone in Florida has seen a slip (oh, well), but I doubt very many have seen garments. I very nonchalantly hiked up my skirt and walked out the door. Moral of the story. Listen to your mom. It might take 10 years, but eventually their advice will pay off.
Love ya mom!!
By the way, Mike insists that the moral of the story is that you shouldn't shop on Sunday. Take your pick!!
Comments
Congratulations on the 20!