Haiti

My heart is breaking for this small, poor nation and the horrible tragedy that has hit them. I have many wonderful Haitian students so this has really affected me personally. What a humble, kind people. Haiti is much closer to the U.S. than most people realize. We have a large Haitian population in South Florida.

If you can spare  even just $10, please donate to the American Red Cross by texting 'Haiti' to 90999 or add it to your tithes and offerings tomorrow specified for the Haiti Relief Fund. I feel at a loss and wish there was something more I could do, but every little bit helps.


Comments

Anonymous said…
It is so sad! And I'm sure hits you especially hard when you know so many wonderful Haitians. Thanks for the suggestions. The texting method is up past 9 million now, I hear.

Lots of love to you both,
Carolyn H.
Ammie said…
I agree! It's terrible! Makes me so sad! The church website www.lds.org has a place to donate.
Jen I said…
Our stake is doing a big drive for food and clothes so I went through all our closets yesterday and got a bunch of stuff. Really sad at church today to hear them say all the Haitians in our ward have lost at least someone they know.
Michelle said…
It really is so, so sad.
On a happier note, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! It was fun to look at your fun Florida life!

Popular posts from this blog

Remember that old Extreme song...

This is me... on Plavix

Blogging again!